Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14, 2012

Dear Roseville Friends,

I know you have been wondering where I have been the last few days here on the blog, but as many of you know I was out at the Quilt Show Along The Lake! Once again, the attendance was wonderful! We surpassed our number from last year. You know what that means? The word is getting out that this is quite a show!

Matt and Mark were very happy to see all the men return for another year at their tent. The fishing seminars were a big success! For everyone who is waiting, I am to announce that you can find the name of the winner of the weekend fishing retreat on their web site. Mark will get you all set up with dates and everything you need.

We were happy to see the new vendors from around town this year. Did you happen to stop by and see Sam Holliday's "Cornhole Challenge" game? I thought it was great how he demonstrated all the steps in building his little game from start to finish. I was so surprised to find out that my sister Tiffany was busy sewing up the little tossing bags! What a surprise! Sam wanted me to mention that he has many sets available out at the inn, so you can drive out and see his display anytime. If you are thinking of giving sets as Christmas presents to friends and family this year, he wanted me to mention that he's going to need some time to get them done. Just give him a call and he'll put you on the list. Also, as you may have noticed Sam will not put team emblems on them. He will paint them your desired colors, but you'll have to buy your own decals for them. Really, it's not that big of a deal. He just got this new inn off the ground and would prefer not being sued for using logos unofficially.

Another booth I was especially pleased to see was from the 4 Paws Animal Hospital of Roseville. As you know, their staff does an excellent job from annual vaccinations to surgeries for your pet. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Katz and her assistant Katya. I just loved the fact that they were promoting the Companion Project. Our Packer, as many of you know for many years visited those in the nursing home here in town and brought happiness to many people. I would encourage you to support this program financially if possible.

Well, it's back to the quilt shop today-stop by Friends Squared Quilts and see the winning quilts from the show!

Rhonda Bauer
Friends Squared Quilts
Roseville

No comments:

Post a Comment