Monday, July 9, 2012

Beautiful Roseville!

July 9, 2012

What a beautiful day in Roseville! When I woke this morning to a crisp blue sky and cool temperatures, I had no choice but to quickly eat my breakfast and head outside for a nice long ride in the park!
I was surprised to find that many others in town had the exact same reaction to the weather, and felt they too had to join me on my trek through the woods. Many times, I found myself politely saying "on your right," several times as I maneuvered my way around dogs, elderly couples and several moms with tots in tow on several occasions. There were no collisions, crashes or catastrophes worth reporting that I witnessed. It seemed that everyone was just happy to have their own tiny share of the fitness path but willing to share with the rest of us when necessary.
After my glorious ride, I packed up my bike and drove to a nearby orchard that during the early summer months serves as a small farmer's market. I bought a perfectly ripe cantaloupe. I was tempted to buy some blackberries and bake up a fresh pie this afternoon, but then I remembered that my husband didn't like blackberries! These buying decisions have to be considered now that we are "empty nesters" without hungry teens descending on our kitchen every evening!
Sooner than I would have liked, the temperature outside began to rise along with the humidity and the serene peace of the cool morning had been broken. It was time to head back home once again.
As I drove back into town and saw Mayor Noonan waving to citizens and Phil Parsons out greeting customers outside his pharmacy, I smiled to myself and thought how fortunate I was to live in this lovely little town of Roseville.

Rhonda Bauer
Friends Squared Quilts
email: TheQuilterCook@gmail.com
www.rkmquilts.net

No comments:

Post a Comment